Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 120



We did it.

Today I took my dad to his last clinic appointment at SCCA. They had bunches of packets of paperwork for him to give to his "regular" oncologist/general practitioner.

The blood clot he had developed as a result of the access ports has gone down (although it will take years to dissolve...this happened last time too.) The CT scan of his lungs show that the artifact from his infection at the beginning of the year is also reducing, which is very good news.

His blood counts are about the same this week as the last time. Let me go into a little detail about where he stands with this right now. According to the doctors (and I'm getting this info second hand, so I'm a little sketchy about it) he has 100% engraftment in his bone marrow of Eric's cells. Yippee! Excellent news! That said, he has 65% T-cell engraftment. This was the number they were unhappy with when it dipped down to 35% before. It has been steadily growing, so they're satisfied. The latest doctor my dad saw said he's had people 5 years out from their transplant with only 25% t-cell, and they're doing fine. So....so there?

Anyway, tomorrow my parents are going to my dad's regular doc, to transfer back over into his care. They're also looking to see if they can find someone competent down in Olympia (smart move.)

Today I left work early to take my dad in to his clinic appointment, then we went for lunch, ran some errands, and went back to SCCA to get his hickman port removed (yank!). Then this evening my mom and Dan came home, we had a toast, then went out for burgers.

So...that's that! We did it! WE DID IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment