Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 168

Yesterday was ugly for me.  Today was better for me, but ugly for the city.

In the middle of the ugly, I witnessed something beautiful and at the same time very heartwrenching.  This man was creating really amazing pieces of art - he had them stacked up against the curb.  There were some abstract portraits, a remarkable motorcycle, and the piece in his hand turned out to be a very well executed skyline of Seattle.  His brush strokes were awkward and spastic looking, and he was creating these pieces, some of which were really incredible.  And he was homeless.


Today's horror of death was punctuated this evening by the fact that so many of my friends and acquaintances knew the shooting victims.  I am reminded again to tell all my loved ones how much they mean to me.  Because you NEVER know when they may leave you forever.










No comments:

Post a Comment