Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 165

So today was my first day doing the Waterfront park.  Here's Chelsea "helping" me pack this morning...

Here's the cart all ready to truck the whole set up.  Oont came along for this weekend...he probably won't be a usual fixture.

And here we are - the setup.  Easy, just table/books/umbrella/chairs/camel.  And a partially built ferris-wheel.  I was doing ok, crusin' along at 3-4 clients an hour or so, even more questions and chatting, pretty much active most of the time.  


Then the Living Statue happened.  She came and set up about 15 feet away from me, and I didn't do another henna for 2 hours.  I had 3 conversations/questions.  She sucked my crowd away - people would see her from a distance and wouldn't even SEE me.  So I packed up an hour early and called it a day.  I also wrote her a very nice note suggesting next time she could set up a bit further down...

No comments:

Post a Comment