Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 79

Today was the first day of the NW Womens show. Krysteen and I originally had a half-size booth, but she got them to move us to a full corner!



It was very interesting, the fact that this is the first event that Krys and I have done together since I quit working for her 10 years ago. We obviously enjoy each other as friends, we respect each other as business women, and work well enough together to share a shop space, but she's got her events, I have mine and there's never been an opportunity to share before today. At some point in the morning, we had a bunch of people lined up, Krys was working the crowd, I was slinging henna and I had a BIG sense of nostalgia. It was just like old times. And then, a few moments later Krys came over and said "Nothing's changed, has it. Here I am, telling you you have 4 people in line you better speed it up." I dished back something sassy and we both cracked up (especially when seeing the woman in the chair's face).

Then, the next to last henna of the night I did a big solid color unicorn and Krys was sitting next to me watching. She suddenly said "Your fill is so beautiful...it's so flat and straight and nice." Out of the blue. I swelled up and said "well it's because for the first year of doing henna it was thick and holey and you ragged on me enough that I worked hard to fix it. So thanks!" Getting praise like that from someone you respect is so wonderful!

So all together, a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment