Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 7



This evening, as I was hennaing two seahorses on my client's shoulder, she told me the story of the two seahorses she raised as a child in Hawaii. It was a male and a female, both very dark brown in color, almost black. She explained how they were very affectionate, to each other and to her, darting between her fingers when she'd put her hand in the water. Eventually, the male got sick, and when he died, he lost all his pigment and turned white. The female wrapped her tail tightly around his, and swam around the tank with the male's ghostly body trailing behind her. Eventually, she released his tail, and in the process of mourning she'd become a pale tan with brown spots...and she never changed back.

The client told me this and I totally started tearing up. The henna's a trial for a permanent tattoo, symbolizing everything learned and gained from that experience from her youth. Pretty deep, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment