Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 12

The day after Christmas, a very emotional day indeed. Here we are my mother, Dan and Mark down in the field...




...in which are more mole-holes then I think I've ever seen in my life...




...but they don't seem to cause any harm to the trees.

Mark and Andrew are moving to New Zealand on the 1st day of the new year. Wesley will be leaving on the 30th (he's got a longer move process, including 10 days of quarantine.) I know I only see them every few months anyway since my mother moved to Olympia, and I interact with them more on Facebook then anywhere else, but just the fact that they'll be damn-near half way around the world makes me sad. I hugged them goodbye today at my parents house, gave Wesley a rub on the head, and watched them drive away. Now it's time to set up a Skype account so I can see their New Zealander Faces (Mark was granted permanent residency!)

No comments:

Post a Comment