Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 1

And we're off again, another year, another blog! Last year's didn't work well, and I figured out what the problem was: I have a horrible lack of self-discipline, unless of course it really *matters*. I succeeded with Project 31 simply because it was EVERY DAY, and I got myself into a rhythm/habit fairly quickly. After Project 31, I didn't have a goal, and the lack of structure turned into a lack of discipline, and with the opening of my shop, I found a great excuse to let the blog piddle off into non-existence.

I LOVED doing Project 31. A photo a day. I got some amazing shots. I'm still using some of those photos, regularly. I have them as backgrounds on my computer, on other peoples computers too. I used one of them as a mix cd cover. I've used them for publication (fliers, adverts). It was a very productive year, and I'm very proud of not only the individual photos, but also the fact that I was able to stick with it and accomplish a project of that magnitude.

So, this year, I'm starting it again. However, I'm not going to limit myself to photos. I'm not going to limit myself to *this blog* either. I've bought myself a lovely square 8x8in sketch book. I might have to buy myself a second one as the year progresses. I plan on having this Project 33 be 3 different things: Writing, Drawing, and Photographs. Some days I'll write a poem. Some days I'll sketch a henna design. Some days I'll post a photo. If I do a sketch, I'll try to either scan it in the day of, take a photo of it and post it, or do a "bulk scan" once a week...I'm still debating on how that's going to be managed. But even if I don't get the sketch uploaded, I'll still post a little thing saying I did it. So every day there will be a posting (granted that I have internet access.) :)

So there you have it! Welcome to Antoinette's PROJECT 33!

No comments:

Post a Comment