Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 188

Tonight I went to a writing circle.  The theme was "Color" so I wore my long tye dye and created a rainbow crown of flowers on my head.  Here are some excerpts of my writing:




"Just Before Sunset"


Afternoon sunlight is liquid, like honey dribbling off of toast.  Every thing, living or not, becomes alive with the thickness, the tangible vibration, the pervasive hue.

I painted a wall this color, facing the east, facing my bedroom.  When the soft light of morning would touch the color, my bedroom (painted scrub blue) would be awash with "just-before-sunset", and it would trick me every time.



Now I catch it sneaking in, hypnotizing me for the few minutes, a flash, a spray of encapsulating gold. Harbored often between the blue steel grey of the clouds above, and the mountains below.




"Blue Green"


This is the color of leaves that grow in the cavelike darkness under evergreen canopies.


It's a color that tries too hard, that is never one or another, neither blue, nor green.


It is married to copper, which will someday become so enamored by it's persuasive partner, copper will try to become blue-green.

No comments:

Post a Comment